Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Gluten Pill Review

First, I'd like to apologize for taking such a long break. I'm undergoing treatment that exhausts my system and have had some things come up in my personal life that took up the time I had. I can't promise frequent postings, but I will try to add to this blog periodically.

I have come across what (to me) looked like the holy grail for those with Celiac's disease/gluten intolerances. A pill that helps the body digest gluten by breaking it down into smaller pieces. There are many brands, but the one I bought to try was Gluten-Zyme by Country Life...here is my review:

Made for helping the body deal with gluten intake, I decided to give this supplement a hardcore test run, so I took the recommended two pills and gorged myself on gluten foods I'd been missing (burgers, pizza, breadsticks, cakes, etc.). After a couple days, I felt bloated and sore, but not quite to the degree of it had been before. I'm still recovering the effects of my binge.

That said and, in all fairness, a friend told me I should take it daily (not just before eating foods with gluten) and I am aware that the pills are geared more for accidental gluten ingestion (i.e. cross-contamination in food factories, etc.), which reviews have said it's great for. I believe if I took them properly, they would have worked properly. Even considering the intensive test run I gave them, they did reduce the symptoms enough to notice. All-in-all, I would recommend them to others with the warning to avoid binging on foods with gluten. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment