Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Exercise - getting enough

There's always been a debate over how much exercise is enough, too much, too little, yada, yada.  I think the one thing everybody basically agrees on is 1/2 hours worth of moderate each day being a good goal to strive for, if you're not there yet.  

I'm no doctor or fitness expert by any means, but I feel a minimum of 1/2 hour is good.  However, if you're doing more than that (say, an hour) and it leaves you feeling invigorated each day, rather than exhausted...keep doing it because your body's lovin it!  People have different metabolic rates and some can handle more intense or longer workouts than others.  Listen to your body...it will tell you.  If you have any questions, and especially if you have any health problems, consult with your doctor before trying any workout.

The good news is that 1/2 hour is an attainable goal...in fact, it's easy to reach!  Simply cleaning house, walking or chasing the kids around can give you that much exercise each day, since it keeps you in motion.  

If you're looking for something specific in a workout (tight abs, shrunken bum, defined triceps, etc), than you'll want to customize your routine for working it in.  Yes, I mean the ol' schedule, not just the workout itself.  A small workout ball, hand weights or ankle weights are relatively inexpensive and can help you toward that goal as well.

I hope these tips are helpful...I'm half-asleep, so I need to go and start my day...perhaps with some exercise!  More tips to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment